The "Absolution Afterburn" Sweepstakes was a sweepstakes held by Cartoon Network's Toonami block that began on Friday, September 22, 2000 and ended on Thursday, September 28, 2000. This sweepstakes differed from other Toonami sweepstakes because it tied into Toonami's first Total Immersion Event (T.I.E.), The Intruder, and allowed fans to vote on the replacement engine design that they wanted to see added to the Absolution. To cast their vote, participants were instructed to either log on to toonami.com and submit an online vote or call the toll free phone number given during the daily Toonami broadcast, from 4-7 PM. By voting, participants were also entered into the sweepstakes, however, voting for the replacement engine was not required in order to enter the sweepstakes.
- 5 grand prize winners received an 8 day/7 night trip for 2 to Tokyo, Japan and Seattle, WA. Each grand prize winner's trip included:
- Round trip coach class air transportation for 2 from the U.S. gateway city nearest the grand prize winner's home
- Standard double occupancy hotel accommodations (1 room) for 7 nights
- A tour of Nintendo's headquarters in Redmond, WA
- Transportation between the hotel and the airport in both Washington and Japan
- $3,500.00 in spending money
- 1 Nintendo 64 game console and 3 Nintendo N64 videogames
- 1 Nintendo Gameboy and 4 Nintendo Gameboy videogames
- Lunch for 2 at Cafe Mario
- 50 1st prize winners received:
- 1 Nintendo 64 game console
- 1 copy of Mario Tennis for the Nintendo N64
- 1 keychain
- 150 2nd prize winners received 1 copy of Mario Tennis for the Nintendo N64 and 1 keychain
- 200 3rd prize winners received 1 Mario Tennis fanny pack with water bottle and 1 keychain
- 100 4th prize winners received 1 t-shirt, 1 visor and 1 keychain
The 5 grand prize winners were announced on-air, they were:
- Jake of Wellston, Michigan
- Eric of Redmond, Oregon
- Melissa of Miami, Florida
- Christine of Los Angeles, California
- Darnell of Palmdale, California.
- This was Toonami's first sweepstakes that tied into a Total Immersion Event.
- This sweepstakes was sponsored by Nintendo.
- This sweepstakes was open to all legal residents of the United States except Hawaii.
- The approximate market value (AMV) of the grand prize was $10,400.00.
- If a grand prize winner was under the age of 18, their travel companion had to be the winner's parent or guardian.
- This was the only Toonami sweepstakes in which the grand prize winners were announced during a Toonami broadcast.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.