Mob Psycho 100
|Adult Swim (Toonami)|
|Oct. 27, 2018 - Feb. 2, 2019|
|25 (List of Episodes)|
Mob Psycho 100 is a Japanese anime series, based on the manga series of the same name, created by ONE (creator of One Punch Man). The anime series was produced by production studio Bones and directed by Yuzuru Tachikawa. The series also featured scripts written by Hiroshi Seko, characters designed by Yoshimichi Kameda, and music composed by Kenji Kawai.
The first season of the series aired from July 12, 2016 to September 27, 2016, on Tokyo MX, and later aired on ytv, BS Fuji and TV Asahi Channel 1. The first season was also simulcast on Crunchyroll with English subtitles, while Funimation produced an English dub for the series. The English dub was produced by Bang Zoom! Entertainment in December 2016, with Funimation handling distribution. In 2018, a second season of the series was announced with a tentative premiere date of January 2019, with the staff and cast returning to reprise their roles. Mob Psycho 100 II premiered in Japan on Tokyo MX on January 7, 2019 and is also being simulcast by Crunchyroll and FUNimation with English subtitles.
The first season of Mob Psycho 100 began airing on Adult Swim's Toonami block on October 27, 2018 at 11:30 PM. On January 5, 2019, the series was moved to 12:30 AM. After the completion of the first season on February 2, 2019, the series was removed from the Toonami lineup to make room for Sword Art Online: Alicization. The series is rated TV-14-DLSV on Adult Swim.
Shigeo Kageyama is an average middle school boy, nicknamed "Mob" (meaning "background character") for lacking a sense of presence. Although he looks like an inconspicuous person, he is in fact a powerful esper. As he grows older, Mob realizes that his psychic powers are strengthening and becoming more dangerous. To avoid his power getting out of control, he constantly lives a life under an emotional shackle. Mob wants to live a normal life just like the others, but a barrage of trouble keeps coming after him. With the suppressed emotions growing inside Mob little by little, his power threatens to break through its limits.
Shigeo Kageyama "Mob" — The main protagonist, is an eighth grade Esper with powerful psychic abilities. He is not good at reading the atmosphere, and since childhood, has rarely felt or displayed intense emotion. He thinks his power is not necessary in his life, so he avoids using it. He suppresses his emotions to keep his power in control, but when the percentage of his accumulated feelings reaches 100, he is overcome by the strongest emotion he is feeling at the time and unleashes the full extent of his powers. He works at Reigen's spirit counsel for 300 yen an hour.
Reigen Arataka — Mob's master and mentor, a self-proclaimed psychic who owns the "Talk About Spirits Agency", which is cheap compared to competitors. He is essentially a con artist and excels in persuasion, speech, and perception, as well as massage and whack-a-mole. He is clever and agile, claiming to have a greenbelt of Shaolin boxing. Reigen solves his clients' problems with a variety of skills; however, if they don't work, he'll call in Mob to deal with it. Even though he is a fraud, he treats Mob's inner turmoil very seriously, and gives him pertinent suggestions.
Dimple — An upper class evil spirit who, at the beginning of the series, has established a religion/cult called "LOL" in order to become a god worshiped by people. After his defeat by Mob, Dimple's power falls off remarkably, and Mob comes to regard him as reasonably harmless. Dimple thinks Mob might be a great springboard to godhood, so he stays with Mob in order to exploit him. Dimple claims to be Mob's partner. He can possess the bodies of others and release the full potential of his host, but he tries to avoid breaking the host's body.
Ritsu Kageyama — Mob's younger brother, a 7th grader, who is clever and competent, excelling in both academics and athletics. Ritsu is handsome, popular among girls and is also a member of the Student Council. The only thing he's lacking is psychic power. Because Mob is a strong Esper and Ritsu witnessed his immense power while growing up, Ritsu has always had an inferiority complex and an obsessive longing for psychic power of his own.
Teruki "Teru" Hanazawa — Black Vinegar Middle School's "hidden boss", known to most as Teru. Also a strong Esper, he originally held scorn for people without psychic power, calling them "commoners." Accustomed to using his power freely in daily life, be it exams or sports, he excels at it all. Coupled with his handsome looks, he is very popular. After he is lectured and defeated by Mob, his perspective on psychic power changes, and he becomes more friendly to others.
|Character||English Voice Actor||Japanese Voice Actor|
|Mob||Kyle McCarley||Setsuo Itō|
|Arataka Reigen||Chris Niosi||Takahiro Sakurai|
|Dimple||Michael Sorich||Akio Ōtsuka|
|Ritsu Kageyama||Max Mittelman||Miyu Irino|
|Teru||Erik Scott Kimerer||Yoshitsugu Matsuoka|
|Color||Season||Episodes||Toonami Premiere||Toonami Finale|
|1||12||October 27, 2018||February 2, 2019|
The first season of the series was released on Blu-ray and DVD on December 5, 2017.
The first season of the series aired in Japan from July 12, 2016 to September 27, 2016, on Tokyo MX, and later aired on ytv, BS Fuji and TV Asahi Channel 1. The first season was also simulcast on Animax in Southeast Asia. The second season, Mob Psycho 100 II, premiered in Japan on Tokyo MX from January 7, 2019 to April 1, 2019. In the United States, the first season aired on Adult Swim's Toonami block from October 27, 2018 to February 2, 2019.
- Japan (Tokyo MX) — July 12, 2016 - September 27, 2016; January 7, 2019 - April 1, 2019
- Southeast Asia (Animax) — July 12, 2016 - September 27, 2016
- United States (Adult Swim) — October 27, 2018 - February 2, 2019
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Unleash your emotions! ". facebook.com/TOONAMI. October 19, 2018. https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/videos/vb.1440408039583372/165807337699534/?type=3&theater. Retrieved on October 20, 2018.
- ↑ "Crunchyroll to Stream 91 Days, Taboo Tattoo, Orange, Mob Psycho 100, Sweetness & Lightning, Alderamin on the Sky ". animenewsnetwork.com. June 21, 2016. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-21/crunchyroll-to-stream-91-days-taboo-tattoo-orange-mob-psycho-100-sweetness-and-lightning-alderamin-on-the-sky/.103465. Retrieved on October 20, 2018.
- ↑ "Mob Psycho 100 English Dub Premiere + Cast Announcement ". funimation.com. December 9, 2016. https://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/12/09/mob-psycho-100-english-dub-premiere-cast-announcement/. Retrieved on October 20, 2018.
- ↑ "Mob Psycho 100 Anime's 2nd Season Reveals Visual, January Premiere ". animenewsnetwork.com. July 12, 2018. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-12/mob-psycho-100-anime-2nd-season-reveals-visual-january-premiere/.134187. Retrieved on October 20, 2018.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream Mob Psycho 100 II English Dub, Morose Mononokean II Anime ". animenewsnetwork.com. December 27, 2018. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-27/crunchyroll-funimation-to-stream-mob-psycho-100-ii-english-dub-morose-mononokean-ii-anime/.141381. Retrieved on January 14, 2019.
- ↑ "Animax Asia to Simulcast D.Gray-man Hallow, Mob Psycho 100 Anime ". animenewsnetwork.com. June 29, 2016. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-29/animax-asia-to-simulcast-d.gray-man-hallow-mob-psycho-100-anime/.103746. Retrieved on October 20, 2018.