My Hero Academia
|Adult Swim (Toonami)|
|May 5, 2018 - Present|
|63 (List of Episodes)|
My Hero Academia is an Japanese anime series animated by Studio Bones, based on the manga series of the same name written and illustrated by Kōhei Horikoshi. The series is directed by Kenji Nagasaki, written by Yōsuke Kuroda, and features character designs by Yoshikiko Umakoshi, with music composed by Yuki Hayashi.
The series premiered on MBS and other Japan News Network stations in Japan on April 3, 2016. In March 2016, Funimation Entertainment announced they had licensed the series for streaming services, home and broadcast release, as well as obtaining the merchandise rights.
The second season premiered on NTV and YTV from March 25, 2017 to September 30, 2017, with the staff and cast from the first season returning in their roles. The third season premiered on NTV and YTV on April 7, 2018, and the English simuldub produced by Funimation premiered the same day.
On April 19, 2018, it was announced that the series would premiere on Adult Swim's Toonami block on May 5, 2018 at 11:30 PM, replacing Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans season 2. The series was moved to the 11:00 PM time slot on June 30, 2018, after Dragon Ball Z Kai completed its run on Toonami. On August 18, 2018, Toonami was expanded by half an hour and the series was moved to 10:00 PM. On September 29, 2018, Toonami was expanded again and the series was moved to 9:30 PM. On January 5, 2019, the series was moved to the 12:00 AM time slot. The series is rated TV-14-DLSV on Adult Swim.
On an Earth-like world where people with superpowers known as "Quirks" are the norm, Izuku Midoriya is a regular middle school student who has dreams of one day becoming a Hero despite being bullied by his classmates for not having a Quirk. After being the only one to try and save his childhood bully Katsuki from a Villain, the world's greatest Hero All Might bestows upon him his own quirk "One For All". The story follows Izuku's entrance into U.A. High School, a school that cultivates the next generation of Super Heroes.
Izuku Midoriya — Nicknamed Deku, he is a timid but kind boy who is extremely knowledgeable about heroes and dreams to be one himself like his idol, All Might, despite lacking a Quirk due to the trait required to have one being too diluted to be passed on in his family. However, when he steps up to save his childhood acquaintance Katsuki from an evil villain, All Might is inspired by his strength of spirit, and bestows upon him his Quirk "One For All", a Quirk that becomes more powerful the more people it is given to, and results in the user being able to call upon great physical strength. Izuku must hide the nature of his Quirk and his connection to All Might to protect the secret of One For All, which many would want to steal. He also utilizes a keen sense of strategy and an instinctive desire to save people.
|Character||English Voice Actor||Japanese Voice Actor|
|Izuku Midoriya||Justin Briner||Daiki Yamashita|
|Katsuki Bakugo||Clifford Chaplin||Nobuhiko Okamoto|
|All Might||Christopher Sabat||Kenta Miyake|
|Ochaco Uraraka||Luci Christian||Ayane Sakura|
|Tenya Iida||J. Michael Tatum||Kaito Ishikawa|
|Tsuyu Asui||Monica Rial||Aoi Yuki|
|Minoru Mineta||Brina Palencia||Ryo Hirohashi|
|Momo Yaoyorozu||Colleen Clinkenbeard||Marina Inoue|
|Fumikage Tokoyami||Josh Grelle||Yoshima Hosoya|
|Denki Kaminari||Kyle Phillips||Tatsuku Hatanaka|
|Eijiro Kirishima||Justin Cook||Toshiki Masuda|
|Shoto Todoroki||David Matranga||Yuki Kaji|
|Mina Ashido||Caitlin Glass||Eri Kitamura|
|Yuga Aoyama||Joel McDonald||Kosuke Kuwano|
|Mezo Shoji||Ian Sinclair||Masakazu Nishida|
|Mashirao Ojiro||Mike McFarland||Kosuke Miyoshi|
|Hanta Sero||Christopher Bevins||Kiyotaka Furushima|
|Toru Hagakure||Felicia Angelle||Kaori Nazuka|
|Rikido Sato||Cris George||Tōru Nara|
|Shota Aizawa||Alex Organ||Junichi Suwabe|
|Present Mic||Sonny Strait||Hiroyuki Yoshino|
|Color||Season||Episodes||Toonami Season Premiere||Toonami Season Finale|
|1||13||May 5, 2018||August 4, 2018|
|2||25||August 11, 2018||TBA|
The first season aired in Japan from April 3, 2016 to June 26, 2016, followed by a second season from March 25, 2017 to September 30, 2017. A third season began airing on April 7, 2018. In France, the series began airing on Toonami on February 12, 2018. In the United States, the series premiered on Adult Swim's Toonami block on May 5, 2018.
- Japan (MBS, TBS) — April 3, 2016 - June 26, 2016
- Japan (NTV, YTV) — March 25, 2017 - September 30, 2017; April 7, 2018 - Present
- France (Toonami) — February 12, 2018 - Present
- United States (Adult Swim) — May 5, 2018 - Present
Toonami Broadcast HistoryEdit
- Toonami (France) — February 12, 2018 - Present
- Toonami (United States) — May 5, 2018 - Present
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Toonami’s got a new quirk! ". facebook.com/TOONAMI. April 19, 2018. https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1896709853953186&id=1440408039583372. Retrieved on April 19, 2018.
- ↑ "My Hero Academia's 2nd Season Premieres in April ". animenewsnetwork.com. December 16, 2016. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-16/my-hero-academia-2nd-season-premieres-in-april/.110022. Retrieved on April 20, 2018.
- ↑ "My Hero Academia TV Anime Adaptation Confirmed ". animenewsnetwork.com. October 29, 2015. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-29/my-hero-academia-tv-anime-adaptation-confirmed/.94768. Retrieved on April 20, 2018.
- ↑ "My Hero Academia Anime's 2nd Season Premieres on March 25 ". animenewsnetwork.com. February 1, 2017. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-02-01/my-hero-academia-anime-2nd-season-premieres-on-march-25/.111722. Retrieved on April 20, 2018.
- ↑ "My Hero Academia Season 2 Anime to Air on NTV, YTV ". animenewsnetwork.com. December 22, 2016. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-12-22/my-hero-academia-season-2-anime-to-air-on-ntv-ytv/.110237. Retrieved on April 20, 2018.
- ↑ "My Hero Academia Anime Gets 3rd Season ". animenewsnetwork.com. September 30, 2017. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-30/my-hero-academia-anime-gets-3rd-season/.122039. Retrieved on April 20, 2018.
- ↑ "Time to bust out your calendars! ". facebook.com/TOONAMI. August 3, 2018. https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/photos/a.1442483259375850.1073741828.1440408039583372/1970717969885707/?type=3&theater. Retrieved on August 3, 2018.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "L’anime My Hero Academia diffusé sur Toonami à partir du 12 février ". animeland.fr. February 6, 2018. https://animeland.fr/2018/02/06/lanime-my-hero-academia-diffuse-sur-toonami-a-partir-du-12-fevrier/. Retrieved on June 30, 2018.