|Cartoon Network (Toonami)|
|July 21, 2007 - Oct. 6, 2007|
|52 (List of Episodes)|
Storm Hawks is a 52 episode animated television series created by Asaph "Ace" Fipke and made by Nerd Corps Entertainment in conjunction and collaboration with Cartoon Network and YTV. It premiered in the United States on Cartoon Network on May 25, 2007, at 7:30 PM, with a special one-hour pilot episode titled "The Age of Heroes". After the premiere, new episodes aired on Mondays, beginning June 4th, as part of Cartoon Network’s summer programming line-up.
Season 2 premiered on YTV in Canada beginning on Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 11:30 AM. The second season never aired on Cartoon Network in the United States. However, Disney XD later acquired the series and it began airing the full series on February 28, 2011.
Storm Hawks is set in a fictional world called Atmos, a largely mountainous world consisting of scattered masses known as terras. Directly below the terras is the Wastelands, the most dangerous place on Atmos, with its infernal fires and wicked creatures. Because of the geography, travel is mostly dependent on flight. The technology of Atmos is based around energy-generating crystals, used to power the various devices in the series. Patrolling the skies of Atmos are the Squadrons, all led by a Sky Knight, groups of warriors who pilot motorcycle-like vehicles called Skimmers that can semi-transform into flying machines. These warriors are loosely managed by the Sky Knight Council.
In the backstory of the series, an evil ruler named Master Cyclonis and her servants, the Cyclonians, threatened Atmos. The original Storm Hawks led the Squadrons in a war against them, but were betrayed and defeated by one of their own (later known as The Dark Ace). Ten years later, the main characters of the series stumble upon the wreckage of the Storm Hawks' carrier, the Condor, and unofficially take on the Storm Hawks name in the hopes of becoming Sky Knights themselves, despite not being old enough to even legally fly the vehicle. Their youth defeats their ambition, however, as neither friend nor foe take them seriously because of it.
This changes when they are brought into conflict with a new Master Cyclonis, granddaughter of the previous one. Among her followers are the Dark Ace, the man who betrayed the original Storm Hawks and now serves Cyclonis as her right-hand man; Snipe, a mace-wielding strong man with a fondness for smashing things; and Snipe's sister, Ravess, an archer who always brings violin-playing henchmen into battle for theme music.
Storm Hawks SquadronEdit
Aerrow — The daring leader and Sky Knight of the squadron, Aerrow is a mature, good-natured teenager with a tousled mop of bright red hair and emerald green eyes. Despite his youth, he's one of the most talented Sky Knights in the Atmos, The only one to ever beat the Dark Ace.
Piper — In charge of tactics, navigation, and crystals, Piper has excellent combat ability, and knows nearly everything about Atmos and its inhabitants. She has spiky midnight blue hair, orange eyes and is the only character thus far to take on Master Cyclonis alone and emerge triumphant through her own skills.
Finn — A wiry, wise-cracking guy, Finn is a sharpshooter with spiky blond hair and blue eyes. Finn seems to be in a perpetual sugar rush, although he attempts to act cool and collected. His personality traits are like a stereotypical surfer and/or skater. His passions are playing air guitar and flirting with hot girls, which he is hopeless at. He and Junko are always getting into trouble together, thus serving as the comic relief pair of the show.
Junko — A large, albeit gentle and good-natured person, Junko is a member of a species known as Wallops. He has greenish-blue hair and grey eyes and his appearance is similar to that of a brown anthropomorphized rhino. As the muscle of the Storm Hawks he possesses superhuman strength that is greatly increased by the use of his preferred weapons, the Knuckle Busters.
Radarr — Aerrow's close friend and co-pilot, Radarr is a vaguely rabbit/lemur-like creature of indeterminate origin and hates being called a "pet". Radarr has scruffy blue fur and yellow eyes.
Stork — The carrier pilot and a gadget specialist with crippling (though often warranted) paranoia and severe pessimism, Stork is a member of a species of green-skinned creatures called "Merbs". Though he appears menacing at first, he is quickly revealed to be easily frightened and meek, but in spite of his cowardly disposition he consistently performs his expected duties. He has stated that he is only a member of the Storm Hawks until "something better comes along," but is loyal regardless. He has jet black hair and yellow eyes with dots for pupils.
|Billy Rex||Asaph Fipke|
|Davey Digger||Scott McNeil|
|Bobby Bones||Colin Murdock|
|Dove||Tabitha St. Germain|
|Lightning Strike||Peter Cullen|
|Captain Scabulous||Mark Oliver|
|The Colonel||Mark Oliver|
|I.J. Domiwick||Mark Oliver|
|Master Cyclonis||Lenore Zann|
|Dark Ace||Samuel Vincent|
|Mr. Moss||Mark Oliver|
|Pork Chop||Kathleen Barr|
|King Agar||Scott McNeil|
|Color||Season||Episodes||Season Premiere||Season Finale|
|1||26||May 25, 2007||December 10, 2007|
|2||26||September 6, 2008||April 6, 2009|
All episodes of Storm Hawks have been released on DVD in four, 2 disk, 13 episode installments.
In the United States, Storm Hawks aired on Cartoon Network from May 25, 2007 to 2009, and aired on YTV in Canada from September 8, 2007 to December 14, 2009. The series began airing on Cartoon Network in the UK on August 6, 2007. In Poland, it began airing on Cartoon Network on November 10, 2007. The series first aired on ABC1 in Australia on February 26, 2008 and on Hero in the Philippines on March 12, 2008. The show also aired in Singapore, Bulgaria, Turkey, Portugal and Romania in 2008. Disney XD later acquired the series and it began airing on February 28, 2011.
- United States (Cartoon Network) — May 25, 2007 - 2009
- United States (Disney XD) — February 28, 2011 - 2012
- United Kingdom (Cartoon Network) — August 6, 2007 - 2009
- Canada (YTV) — September 8, 2007 – December 14, 2009
Toonami Broadcast HistoryEdit
Storm Hawks aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami block from July 21, 2007 to October 6, 2007, with only 9 episodes aired. the series also aired on Toonami Jetstream.
- Toonami (United States) — July 21, 2007 - October 6, 2007
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 ""Storm Hawks" on Toonami 7/21 ". toonzone.net. July 14, 2007. http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/storm-hawks-on-toonami-7-21.4381521/. Retrieved on October 12, 2016.
- ↑ "Storm Hawks one-hour pilot event launches May 25 on Cartoon Network ". stormhawks.com. May 7, 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20070520095646/http://www.stormhawks.com/. Retrieved on April 21, 2019.
- ↑ "The Storm Hawks are back in all new episodes! ". stormhawks.com. September 4, 2008. https://web.archive.org/web/20080930214902/http://www.stormhawks.com:80/. Retrieved on April 21, 2019.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Storm Hawks Will Soar Once More on Disney XD ". awn.com. January 25, 2011. https://www.awn.com/news/storm-hawks-will-soar-once-more-disney-xd. Retrieved on April 21, 2019.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Friday Night Premiere Laser Talkback: Storm Hawks [05/25/07] ". Toonzone.net. May 25, 2007. https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/friday-night-premiere-laser-talkback-storm-hawks-05-25-07.4353051/. Retrieved on February 7, 2018.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "The Sky's the Limit as Storm Hawks takes flight on YTV ". newswire.ca. https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/the-skys-the-limit-as-storm-hawks-takes-flight-on-ytv-533871372.html. Retrieved on February 7, 2018.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "Storm Hawks Sails Onto TV & Internet ". awn.com. June 6, 2007. https://www.awn.com/news/storm-hawks-sails-tv-internet. Retrieved on February 7, 2018.